Monday, April 9, 2012

Tee-Ball Lesson of Laughs..

Another little day of catching up! J 

For those of you keeping track of the running side of things I had 2 long days of running on Friday and Saturday (which were perfect!).

Friday I laced up the shoes and took to see where a little detour off the main road would lead me.  I was hoping to run a little over an hour and did just that.  I ran around an hour and 10 minutes and wished I could have just kept going.  I talked to mom a little bit and she kept laughing as we passed a duck as well as a horse on this run. I kept asking her if those obstacles would be around during the real marathon. 
Saturday I thought the run would have a slight chill in it but I was wrong, the long sleeve T-shirt ended up being tied around the waist and the temperature was pretty much perfect.  I took to a little further on the pavement road for this adventure winding through the countryside.  It doesn’t get much more peaceful then that (well that until you come upon a dog going crazy here and there).  Today I had a different “passerby” which was about 6 cyclists making their way through the country side too.  I couldn’t help but think today “I feel like a runner”…  I ran for about 1 hour and 20 minutes


            Sunday was spent visiting with Brock’s mom for a Easter lunch and then we headed out to Ritchie County to spend some more time eating Easter dinner J  Rough I suppose!  J  We fished with Carter and Sophie and enjoyed the day.  Carter will be the perfect fisherman...his 2 inch sunfish turned into a 4 foot fish when he told pappaw (dad) about the big catch.
With the start of the sports season’s changing (at least for me coaching) I think today I’ll focus on baseball.  Which if anyone knows dad, he was an amazing baseball player, actually, I think anything dad tried he did amazing at, but reminiscing today we’ll highlight a tee-ball story of my own.
            See…I was kinda dad’s boy he never had.  Tee-ball may have been more of a co-ed sport then when you got old enough to choose little league or softball.  I always told dad I was going to choose baseball just like him (Yes, I was #7 and all).  However starting out little…I believe I was the only girl this particular season (picture proof below).  Dad helped coach some too I believe…but we were at our little tee-ball team’s field (out on your way to Greenwood passing through town).  It was the start of season and our first game, and we were the Pennsboro Indians.  Everyone was getting settled to start in and one of the coaches yelled for everyone to get their bathroom break in….so everyone took off to go under the bridge (I suppose the go to designated spot).  Well…. I took off to go do what everyone else was doing…that is until I felt a tug at the backside of my shirt pulling me backwards from take off.  That’s when dad’s voice hit me saying “Ohhhhh no….you have to wait….it doesn’t work like that”.  I suppose that’s when I started to realize I was different when it came to sports…..  and from that point on up until my little league days ended, I suppose I used the “bathroom” alone in the sport of baseball J….  We all always laughed because Dad would say that was one of those “moments” he didn’t think of prior to it occurring to have to prepare an explanation for.
I'm the one on the far right with the ponytail :) 

Dad and his baseball/softball girls....  (Kelly followed in the Indian Tee-ball Footsteps)  And yes...I know my eyes are closed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment