Friday, April 20, 2012

TGIF

I have to apologize that time has not been on my side this week to keep up the blog like I'd want to! I did want to give a little update for those following :)

 Training Update:

Tuesday: Ran on the trails with the puppy :) With the cooler temperatures he doesn't get as worked up so I thought it would be a nice day for a run with him. Plus my legs are still a little bit sore so we took to the trails for about a 40 minute run.

Wednesday: I took this day off; I met my cousin Carrie to pick up a BIG box of cards she had gathered for us!  All handmade, I’m so surprised the generosity of her friends that all jumped on board as soon as she put the “need” alert out there, so thank you!

Thursday:  I should log in my Wal-Mart walking on this day too, just a quick trip to pick up a few things I feel like I should log in an extra mile for the day.  I did run on the road for the typical route of about 5 ½ miles.

I’m off for the evening to see what tonight has in store for me besides some last minute craft/card making for the little event we are working tomorrow.

 Fundraising Update:

Today was an exciting day at the Post Office!  I had $10 "dollars for dad" waiting on me all from WV!  Then another $8 left at The Tasty Cupcakery ($5 from OH, $3 from WV).  Mom had $20 given to her today at work sent from Colorado J    THANK YOU!

I feel like now that I’ve learned twitter I harass famous people to try to “re-tweet” dollars for dad and see just what might happen.  Until then, I’ll keep learning how it all operates J

Tomorrow is Sophie’s Elementary School Bingo event, and we have reserved a table to sell some of the handmade greeting cards with all proceeds going to our fundraising efforts.  So cross our fingers for a good day, we have over 200 cards!
 
****Also dad’s input for what color to make the “Team Spangler” t-shirts when we get them designed was “Neon/Bright Blue”, dad also suggested a mascot of a backside of a Donkey…that would have the wording  “Kick Parkinson’s in the……”well…. You can guess from there J  Don’t worry; we’ll keep the T-shirts kid friendly! J

Today would be a great day to go fishin' dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment