Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Family Vacation with Cousins

The warm weather is starting to creep back in, (which I promised I wouldn’t complain about when bundled up with 3 layers on running) so I won’t complain J 

Monday:  I started to run realizing how sore I think I avoided realizing all day from Sunday’s run.  After a few painful strides I told myself maybe just 3 miles today, but once I got to the turnaround point for 3 I realized I just better keep going.  So I did the usual 5 ½ mile loop and just did some complaining of soreness when I got home J

Tuesday:  I realized I was kinda stupid for making myself still go 5 ½ yesterday when my legs were just not wanting to have it.  So therefore yesterday, they were even worse.  I just ran for about 15 minutes or so to convince myself I still did something but allow them to rest up a little bit so I don’t end up hurting myself. 

Today, I’m hoping the legs will bear with me and get back to it.  It’s easy to look forward to your run when the sun is shining!

Today I was going to share this picture of us “cousins” (Lesly and Krissy)  We don't get to see a whole lot but when we do you can tell we come from a family of humor :).  With the warmer weather approaching family vacations are common and of course water rides!  I'm grateful for these trips now becuase you look back and realize how much they meant.  If you think my dad is funny, you should be in the same house as him and my Uncle Tony (Dad’s sister’s husband).  You’ll get an ab workout without even being prepared for it!  This picture is from a little family vacation trip to Dollywood in Tennessee.  (Several years ago if you can’t tell).  I think we lived on the “Roman Rapids” or whatever they are called there for a short while.  We had a fun trip with a few phrases we still repeat and joke about to this day.  I’m sure we are all looking at dad and Tony in this picture preparing to dodge whatever they are probably about to do to us.  You would think all the kids were on this raft, but the big kids were the ones along the side J


No comments:

Post a Comment