Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Country Roads...

I have to say…. I’m so glad to be living back closer to home.  This weekend we had my cousin’s wedding and it was so nice to feel “closer” for such a family event. Since moving back to West Virginia, I feel like I’ve seen my family more in a year then I’ve been able to see combined in the last 6 years.  I am a few days shy of “Officially” being back/living in WV for a year J  As the song sings…”Country Roads Take Me Home, to the Place I belong…”  I suppose as my Dayton friends (and college friends in Pittsburgh) tease, I’ve always been a little bit country J

As for the running updates….
Friday:  Ran 6 miles… Tried to have a few intervals of extending my stride just to change up the pace a bit to alter my run a little. 
Saturday:  Ran an easier 4 miles today. 
Sunday:  Ran about 4 ½ miles at a little bit of a steadier pace.  Brock ran with me this evening so it was nice to have some company along the run. (I"m sure this goes without saying with both of us being too competitive for our own good a nice little sprint was added at the end...I won't reveal the results) :)
Monday:  Took this evening off, was ready to go for a run but the weather didn’t look very good, a lot of rain and thunder etc.
Tuesday:  Raced home to try to beat the storm that was looking to take over the area. Of course it decided to get ugly when I was getting off work and during the day it was beautiful as I had to be stuck inside.  I didn’t want to get trapped inside again like last evening so I figured I’d take the chance. I told mom I felt like I needed a ignite start button this evening as my feet where moving, I just didn’t feel like I was going anywhere.   Ran about 6 miles.. on the way home the storm clouds were rolling in so I assume it goes without say my sprint back was a bit of a faster pace than usual.  Nothing like some thunder and lightning to make you speed up a bit.

Congrats Betsy on a Beautiful Day and Wedding!


Aunt Kay made sure we went home with food for dad to enjoy (she spoils him with some of his favorites she makes him) and making sure dad got to share in the day that way.  She obviously knows the way to dad’s heart (well stomach for that matter) J
Speaking of being gone a year, I’m really looking forward to seeing some of my girlfriends from Dayton this weekend.  I didn’t realize the timing of this would be so close to the one year Anniversary J  I’m still debating on who I can convince to go for a run with me while we are there. 

Dad….thank you for teaching me to love the outdoors.  We've spend many days on the banks of the lake fishing and anywhere else we could find.  This time of the year I appreciate so much of loving having anything to do with being outside enjoying the sunshine and cool evenings.  I look forward to bombfire nights, s’mores, and roasting hot dogs on an open flame, even if my city friends are confused at growing up on 72 acres and not being “farmers” J 

1 comment:

  1. Our cross country bonfires were the best! I always looked forward to Thursday's. Your dad made everything so much fun! =) Great job on the training!

    ReplyDelete