Thursday, July 26, 2012

Nerves...100 days...

If anyone knows me…they know I always panic to be prepared, prepare more, and overly prepared for about anything I do.  (That’s probably why in cross country dad got us team bags big enough to fit clothes for a month in, however my argument is you NEVER know what to expect at a cross country meet!)  I realized today we have snuck upon the 100 days till the marathon and I won’t lie, it makes me nervous!  I mean 100 days seems like a lot to some…but I have 26.2 miles to run here!  Fast isn’t my concern at this point J  (Fast was a goal 10 years ago…)  I’m as motivational as can me, but I’m a nervous mess when it comes to myself!

You’ve heard me tell the stories about hives before races and basketball games, while dad had to convince me of everything I can do at the moment before I’d have a nervous breakdown.  When giving a speech at the West Virginia Awards banquet I remember Jim Butta teasing me about the speech notes I had prepared and had organized throughout the page.   When I started my insurance agency in OH, they wanted a 1 page business plan (I didn’t realize at the time they meant 1 page)…so 12 pages later I submitted my analysis of the market and my plan.  So I suppose this process is normal …but….100 days! Ahhhh

Me probably wanting to throw up before the state meet in this picture...dad being side tracked talking (of course) to the Scott High School Coach I believe :) 
We are in the midst of planning a fundraiser for Team Spangler at the Ritchie County Fair…it’s definitely going to be a fun tent so be sure to come out and look for us! We’ll be decorated out with Team Fox colors, mardi gras beads, prizes, while hosting a game! 
We also will have a big poster for everyone to sign for us to take back to dad!

I suppose your wandering about my running….
Monday evening I ran about 30 minutes on the road then came back home to run another 10 with the dog.  He’s been running off lately so we’ve had to keep him tied up more, so I was hoping I’d wear him out a little bit more by running him around.  I think the only person who got tired was me.
Tuesday evening I had enough guilt to consume me as I didn’t have time in the schedule to run….  I did get to see dad however and visit for a short bit while going to meet mom to work on a rental house project o(f course)

Last night I went out for about a 40 minute run…which I had to finish in the dark because the evening somehow snuck away from me by the time I was able to get my run in.
So I suppose I better get off here and realize my triple digit days are gone and tomorrow begins 99 days till the big day J 
100 days     16h     10m     30s
TILL RACE TIME

2 comments:

  1. This is a post where I plagiarized (um, or quoted) another post, about prerace nerves. http://markmatthewsauthor.blogspot.com/2011/10/wisdom-on-how-to-relax.html Thought it would fit.

    I did notice the 100 day mark as well!

    ReplyDelete