Friday, August 10, 2012

"Running is like mouthwash; if you can feel the burn, it's working." **Brian Tackett

So…I’m sitting here partly consumed by my foot….  It’s nothing major I’ve assured myself, but the slight bit of panic that consumed me 2 days ago as I finally realized, “wow this hurts” than seeing the swelling after I took my shoe off just scared me a bit (ok I won’t lie I thought/feared the worst).  I had to do what seems so hard to do at times….take 2 days back to back off..and I’m already almost anxious out of my mind.  I’ve went through the vicious cycle in my head…Great now I won’t be ready to run this marathon; I’m going to die at mile 20 and be a failure at this.    (I know drama right…)  I’m just not certain I’ve wanted anything else more then to prove this journey.
You know they always say don’t “Google” injuries (or sicknesses for that matter), it might sound like a good idea at the time but you’ll have yourself convinced the worst in about 3 seconds.  Do they put the worst case scenario results at the top of a search engine for their own laughs?  To be honest, I think it’s a mild cause of tendentious…  I should have seen it coming just because of the mileage increases from not running for so long.  It’s probably a little reminder I need another pair of shoes too.  I should have gotten 2 pairs to alternate anyway in the beginning. 
So…I may try to run just a tiny bit tonight just to ease my mind, and then determine the best route for the long run this weekend.  Then next weekend we have the Parkersburg Half Marathon, but… don’t forget about the 2 miler.  (That’s what mom tells me every time I bring up the Half Marathon) J 
If anyone is running the half marathon be sure to drop me a note so we can do a little “notice” about it with some of the “Team Spangler” runners.  A few of you better be careful as I have my own little thing already planned up J  I hope to get a little blog spotlight done every day next week just to change it up a bit.
I’ve been a little consumed by the T-shirt orders and REALLY excited at the response.  Some may be confused so just in case, the August 8th deadline wasn’t a “DEADLINE” for orders…it was just our goal to make sure we got them before the Parkersburg Homecoming activities for those who wanted them for that.  I’ve ordered several extras and will continue to be putting orders in, so don’t fear if you were afraid you missed ordering, just let me know! 
We got a few donations this week, and mailed some in that’s helping us creep back up on the Team Fox NYC Marathon chart!  I’ve been working on getting some specifics finalized too for a coupe other fundraisers including the Happy Hours/After Hours Event to be hosted in Parkersburg, as well as the Scrapbooking crop to be held in Charleston.  I’ve already gotten some really great promising silent auction items so stayed tuned for more details J 
As far as the running earlier this week…I ran about 35 minutes on Monday….then followed by Tuesday running 33 minutes at a pretty good pace (I suppose I’ll call it my tempo run)….darkness does wanders for making you run faster J  I did however take Wednesday and last evening off to ice and try to make sure this foot thing isn’t to serious.  I’ve convinced my foot I don’t have time for this J  I still feel like I should be sneaking more miles in somehow…so I need to focus on that.
I wanted to share this with you today as my sister Kelly sent it to me.  All of us out there running for a cause, a specific reason…..this explains the “pain” so much.

Now….it’s a beautiful evening…and it’s FRIDAY…. Get out there and do something J

1 comment:

  1. Great picture/saying at the end.

    And yes, every training brings an injury with it. I try to plan for about 10 to 14 days of unplanned time off running due to injury. ( I know, that doesn't really make sense.) These days don't have to be consecutive of course. LIke me, you are probably someone who can run thru pain, but not through injury. It's so hard to tell the difference.

    ReplyDelete