Thursday, March 22, 2012

NYC...OR BUST

              Ok it’s even more “official” now as yesterday I received the first “Team Fox” email distributed for the NYC Marathon now that their NYC ½ marathon is over.  I have completed the necessary paperwork for now and faxed it back to them.  In a few weeks we should have a link directly to our own fundraising page and ready to go!  This all just happened on the most perfect day of all…. Dad’s Birthday!  It’s funny how things work sometimes.  We’ve been making and getting donated cards for a little fundraising start with a few events I have coming up shortly to work with as well as organizing some other options to have in the near future so stay tuned J

Yesterday I was surrounded by Blue Thunder for our usual Wednesday night practice and we hosted a Girls against Boys game where I was talked into being on the girls team.  I’m afraid however my competitiveness spirit has spread, these little ones are vicious J  I’m going to have to ask dad this weekend just how I was at that age, just to make sure it’s safe.  We have 2 new plays for our final 2 games in hopes of getting our last 2 players to score….prepare yourself….. They’ve been named “Chicken” and “Mudpit” (it’s best to not question things sometimes and go with what makes them laugh and a short cut to remember the plays).  Just realize “Mudpit” was suggested as “Armpit” first…so some minor adjustments were made.
I ran after practice yesterday but only for about 3 miles (I’m hoping my full court playing counts for something).  Today I will be able to get a longer run in and looking forward to it. 
There is a picture I must share with everyone today taken by my sister Kelly last night.  Andy (who might I add I claim as an adopted brother) made dad his choice of a birthday dinner and if you know dad you won’t be surprised at his request (if you don’t know dad you’ll find it funny) Andy whipped up sauerkraut, sausage, beans, and cornbread and to top it off a blackberry cobbler.  Another great highlight about yesterday though was dad was able to get in the wheelchair and enjoy the view from the sunroom while having his birthday dinner.  We’ve always laughed about dad’s food choices, as well as his food combinations but one thing is for sure….he isn’t picky J  Mom would bribe dad all those years we grew up going to the beach by endorsing  the “All You Can Eat Seafood Buffets”  that we could take in while we were there.  He has teased in the past that’s why he started running…..so he could eat more while we were at the beach J 
I’ve got a picture I’ll share tomorrow along with a funny story regarding one of the famous buffets we always visited while being in the Outer Banks.  So dad…you better be ready J

Mom and Dad Enjoying Dad's Birthday Dinner in the Sunroom/Dining Room

No comments:

Post a Comment