Friday, May 25, 2012

"Choose to be Happy" Fundraising Friday Update

Tuesday:  What a great evening to just run,  the weather was absolutely beautiful, and I can’t say I can complain about anything bothering me J I extended the usual turn around point and got in about 6 ½ miles. 
***Today was a little milestone in regards to donation levels as we received a donation that pushed us to being officially a quarter of the way to our big goal we set, and its only May…..Thank you to all those who have followed, jumped in, and kept up with this journey….We’ve got lots of strides ahead of us to keep this going.
Wednesday: I didn’t run this evening, we had some prior plans and trying to keep some rest days for now built in.  We went and visited some neighbors we discovered we'd somewhat knew while running/biking and just had a great time!  It’s amazing the people you meet and their positive spirits are contagious.
Thursday: Last night I set off to run, only to discover loud thunder and some lighting shortly after..so I turned around and headed back home.  The storm never really got to us, so I ran some circles around close to the house just in case so I felt like I did something.  Probably got in 2 miles or so.

Just a little dad update.  It’s a little tough to talk about, but I suppose this is what this blog is all about and the reason for all this.  Dad has had a rough week, between the hardship of being bed ridden and things that come from that at times makes it difficult.  I ask mom several times a day how dad is, but sometimes I still find myself wanting to pretend nothing is wrong.  Kelly and Andy have been able to help a lot being at home and there are days I just ponder, I have no idea how mom does it.  Through the extended “Team Fox” I’ve come across after starting this, being a caregiver is something that comes up often in the discussions of trails and struggles.  I know I’ve reflected on this before, and some days I really have to focus on not being bitter about the situation.  It’s easy to consume myself with the “why” factors but I constantly tell myself whatever the situation is, you just have to make the best out of it.  I hear people complain often about silly things (which is fine), but it quickly brings me back to the realization of “it could always be worse”.  Michael J. Fox was interviewed about Parkinson’s the other night, and his phrase “Choose to be Happy” has a lot of truth to it.  If you have a few minutes watch this video….and keep remembering to Choose to be Happy….what we do today, will make a difference for tomorrow.

Fundraising News:
I've been told several times as another goal for our Dollars for Dad project is to get $1 from every county in WV....so who's up for it :) WV has 55 counties I also know which counties we have covered so far from my list....so for WV Pride I think we can do that as well.

The states we have represented and donations arrived so far are (It keeps growing!):
Please note also I am still finalizing where some of the online donation people are “Located” to show representation of their location for this project.
(Also please note Canada has been represented) :)


West Virginia- Counties of (Wood, Raleigh, Boone, Ritchie, Jackson, Marshall)
Connecticut
Alaska
Hawaii
Colorado
Ohio
PA
Virginia
Vermont
California
Pennsylvania
North Carolina
New Jersey



The address to mail Dollars for Dad Project is:

Team Spangler
Attention: Missy Spangler
P.O. Box 403
Ripley, WV 25271

Our Team Fox Official Website Has Donations as of now for: $2,504.84

We are a quarter of our way to our Goal of $10,000!!!  We can do this!

The Website for it is (You can click on this link directly and donate via online):

Click here for Team Spangler for Team Fox Donation Page

I will be submitting Dollars for Dad funds & Greeting Cards once we get in $50 increments or after specific events.
If anyone would like a “Pennies for Parkinsons” coin jar to display to have people drop in their change, just let me know and I’ll arrange to get you some we are making.  Every penny counts!
If you are running the Parkersburg Half Marathon or 2 mile, send me a note at MissySpangler22@yahoo.com.  I will add you to a list to update you on any plans we have to do for the day and as a “Team”.
If you would like to write a check and mail it directly to the Team Fox Please Email me at: missyspangler22@yahoo.com and I will email you a form you can use.

So there is your Friday Fundraising Update J Have a great Memorial Day weekend!  I’m looking forward to the long weekend and being in Ritchie County with the families, friends, farm, eating, 4-wheelers, fishing, and long runs in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment