Friday, May 11, 2012

Fundraising Friday Update

I feel like a little kid at Christmas every time I refresh my email with the anticipation of a donation notification. I call mom to tell dad all the latest updates. I am humbled daily by the notes I receive, messages, as well as many of the donations that come through.
I'll use yesterday as an example, I checked our PO Box on my way home, and to my surprise Hawaii found its way to our Dollars for Dad project :) The gentleman who mailed this donation has never met my dad; he's never met me, or anyone in my family. He merely knows a friend of mine whom she'd sent a little note to him knowing he lived in Hawaii and knowing it might be a tough state for us to get to, and without much hesitation a donation arrived (including a nice little note and memo line saying "Good Luck"), and it was for $50 (I hope they don't mind me saying that). It's amazing the generosity of people who just believe in the better of anything.


Training: I think that motivated me to run just a little bit more last tonight too….  I added a little bit to my turn around point last night as well as another circle to the end of my run going for about 7 miles for the evening.

I've been told several times as another goal for our Dollars for Dad project is to get $1 from every county in WV....so who's up for it :) I do remember from my Golden Horseshoe 8th grade days and 4th grade WV study days there are 55 counties (I hope my past teachers are proud of that knowledge) :) I also know which counties we have covered so far from my list....so for WV Pride I think we can do that as well.

The states we have represented and donations arrived so far are:
 Please note also I am still finalizing where some of the online donation people are “Located” to show representation of their location for this project.
(Also please note Canada has been represented) :)
West Virginia- Counties of (Wood, Raleigh, Boone, Ritchie, Jackson)
Connecticut
Alaska
Hawaii
Colorado
Ohio
PA
The address to mail Dollars for Dad Project is:
Team Spangler
Attention: Missy Spangler
P.O. Box 403
Ripley, WV 25271


Our Team Fox Official Website Has Donations as of now for: $2,029.84

The Website for it is (You can click on this link directly and donate via online):

Our Team Fox Team Page

We were given a donation from The Wyngate Senior Living Community in Parkersburg on behalf of a fundraiser they did for Parkinson’s Awareness month last month and have donated it to our fundraising efforts.  A big THANK YOU for that and to Larry Ice for organizing that for us.  We have mailed off their donation to Team Fox for $235 to be added to our totals.
I will be submitting Dollars for Dad funds & Greeting Cards once we get in $50 increments or after specific events.
If you would like to write a check and mail it directly to the Team Fox Please Email me at: missyspangler22@yahoo.com and I will email you a form you can use.
We have several things planned throughout our efforts until November (and continue to plan). We are looking to have representation for those past runners, friends, athletes of dad’s running in the Parkersburg Half Marathon (and maybe a team for the 2 mile), Tara’s yard will be decorated with Team Fox for when you get to the top of that leg gripping hill and  make the final turn to the last straight away to the finish J  Thank goodness she’s close to the finish line  J  Our cousin Carrie Milam is going to host a Scrapbooking Crop in October with proceeds going to our fundraising effort.  Cupcakes for A Cure will continue to go on till November. We have started to distribute "Pennies for Parkinson's " Coin jars for businesses or whoever to leave out to accept loose change.  We still have greeting cards we will be selling at different events….so we’ll keep you updated on upcoming plans.  We look to possibly have a “Pit Night for Parkinson’s” (Picnic Style Event to honor our Pit Nights we had during cross country season) Also in hopes of planning a nice dinner event with a theme “Shakin it up for Parkinson’s” I hope to plan in Parkersburg.  If anyone else wants to jump in with anything, just let me know and we'll be happy to help in any way we can as well!

So there is your Friday Fundraising Update J  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment