Wednesday, June 6, 2012

“Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain”

Alright…I’m sitting here feeling guilty for my semi-rant yesterday and the negative-ness revolved around it (Yes I know some things could always be worse, but some days I find myself just wanting to be grumpy I suppose).  Apparently God wanted to entertain me a little bit and make me “think” about things…so after visiting my Grandparents in Charleston we came home to a house we were locked out of for several hours until a Locksmith was able to get us in J  The spring in our doorknob had broken loose so the door itself wouldn’t operate.  By coincidence too our neighbors had driven by to drop off some no-bake cookies (don’t tell dad because it’s quite possible they won’t make it long enough to share) J and it was nice to have company while we “waited the storm out” to re-enter our home.

I somewhat caught myself off-guard upon walking back into the house and showing my neighbors a few things we got in the Amish Country a frame I had on our mantel with the quote “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain” I suppose it was a little bit of a slap in my face for my “bad attitude” J 
I did hear from my “mentor” for the Team Fox “team” who has ran the NYC marathon 3 times, and training for a triathlon for Team Fox now….her father also has Parkinson’s so I’m really looking forward to exchanging training suggestions, ideas, and having someone so similar to work/talk with.
I had to “blog” today…as it’s National Running Day! Info Website: http://www.runningday.org  So I’m looking forward to going home (and getting into my house) J…lacing up my shoes and going for a long run to get back on track J  If you have a chance today…..it might make you feel better ….go out even if it’s for not very long…but run to feel a part of something! J

If you’d like a fun project…I’ve become “twitter friends” with a new program/app called Charity Miles…if you have an Android or iPhone you should really check out this app. Their website info is: http://www.charitymiles.org/  (I’m debating upgrading my phone just to get it)…you can download the app for FREE…choose a charity…and they give you so much $ per mile walked, ran, biked to the Charity of your choice. (Bikers earn 10¢ per mile; walkers and runners earn 25¢ per mile, all up to our initial $1,000,000 sponsorship pool.) Team Fox is a top 10 on their site which of course I’m biased too…BUT you can choose whatever you’d like!  It’s an easy way to get movin’ and make a difference!
Also…if anyone wants a “TEAM FOX” sticker to show your support let me know!  I just got some from Team Fox and I can mail you some!  I’m going to stick them on lots of things I send out.  I have a friend working on Team Spangler’s logo to do some T-shirts, Tanks, and Window Decals for us to take orders on so we can tackle running race season as a team J  Just email me: MissySpangler22@yahoo.com if you’d like some stickers.  Also…you can stick them on a jar to help promote “Pennies…loose change” for Parkinson’s….I have a bank who will count the coins for us and write a check to the foundation on our team’s behalf.
I suppose I should sign off today with a typical “team huddle” to kick off National Running Day and motivate us to do something! J


(This picture is prior to the state meet my senior year…I will call out Meghan Walker as to motivating us so much to make us cry prior to the race! Haha….  I think dad shouted “There’s no crying in cross country) or something to make us stop being "girls" :)

1 comment: