Thursday, July 19, 2012

"Change the World" **Charity Miles**

Today I wanted to just send a little note and update on a program I have discovered through this adventure of mine.  The more I have read about the creator and program of Charity Miles the more I love this concept!  (That isn’t just because they sent me a free t-shirt either) J
For those of you who want to “get involved” here is a little way to get out and bike/run/walk and make a difference.  As much as I would love to say Choose Team Fox, this gives you the options to pick something as dear to your heart as Team Fox Is to Mine.  I have mentioned this app before in the blog, but here is a video which helps explain this program much better than my “wordiness” of words.  (Plus we all pay more attention to pictures) J …it’s a proven marketing fact.
Check out the video here:
Also their website is: http://www.charitymiles.org for more direct information

The sponsored Charities represented are:
·         Achilles International
·         Autism Speaks
·         Feeding America
·         The Global Fund
·         Habitat For Humanity
·         The Michael J Fox Foundation
·         The Nature Conservancy
·         Pencils of Promise
·         The World Food Programme
(More to Come) 
Now…my next mission is to get an IPhone (Android works as well), so I can jump in on this madness of lovin’ this program and start practicing what I preach, but in the meantime I’ll feel better if a few others jump in too.  I think the concept of incorporating fitness into fundraising is wonderful (Also truly appropriate for dad’s career as a coach, Health & Gym teacher) J  He always use to do the project where you could “Run Around WV”…he knew how far each lap around the gym was and then turned the laps into distances so kids could keep track of their travels. Now with GPS options on phones, you don't even have to do any of the calculating...you just have to run/walk/bike!
I would love to hear from you if this program worked for you and keep me updated on the progress J   As the creator Gene Gurkoff mentions, together we can “Change the World”.
As for yesterdays run…yes I ran and didn’t bike for cross training….please don’t tell on me…..  I attempted to defeat mother nature and sneak a run in between storms…I should have known she’d only teach me a lesson by sneaking another storm in on me while I was about a mile away from home, apparently it appears a monsoon was her inspiration.  Needless to say it turned into a great 35 minute run, finishing with a torrential downpour J  Can’t say it was the first time nor will it probably be the last J
If you don't want to listen to me telling you to get out and do this....I'm sure dad is here :)


**Team Spangler**

No comments:

Post a Comment