Friday, December 21, 2012

"You See....Your Dad....he's on the Naughty List"

Just Kidding (Quoted from one of my favorite movied of all times) :)....my dad certainly isn't on the naughty list...at least probably not this year....however you may not want to ask his nurses after some of the jokes/pranks he's pulled on them this year.  One consiting of him hiding a kitten under his blanket so when they pulled it back it jumped out at them and scared them :)


“Ohhhhh A Christmas Tree!!!!!!!”
“I just like to Smile….smiling is my favorite”
“What’s a Christmas Gram?...I WANT ONE!”
“SANTA….I know him…..I know him!!!!”
If you want me to continue I will….I’m certain I can probably site the entire movie to you if you’d like J  If you don’t yet know, It’s Elf….seriously the best Christmas Movie of all time.  Which is why also, this moment while running the “Run it Anyway Marathon” was at the top of my best things to ever happen list J


Christmas is my favorite holiday simply because of the spirit of Christmas.  No, I’m not talking about the grumpy people at the store…..but the sense of hope and excitement in kids.  It brings out the good in people on most things because others put others before them and try to make sure others are taken care of.  I ALWAYS tell myself I’m going to make all these wonderful handmade items I see that I’m inspired by and then of course a few days before Christmas I’m aggravated I didn’t have time or find the time to make it “as special” as I’d hoped.  So here is to good intentions J

I cannot express how much my dad laughs at Christmas Vacation movie…I will probably argue that’s the 2nd best Christmas movie.  Most movies are the “heart felt warming blah blah blah” (Which is fine..I enjoy my Lifetime and Hallmark movies this time of year)…but Christmas Vacation is hilarious.  We all know we have one Cousin Eddy in every family and you can’t help but laugh.
 
(Well....you know the famous line here I won't quote to avoid offending anyone by the language) :)

Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead? 
I’m looking forward to filling my next few days with more Christmas movies because I haven’t had enough of them.  I can’t wait to stuff myself to the point where I can’t move at my Grandma Nelson’s house on Christmas Eve and catch up with everyone.  It’s easy to tell yourself ‘That’s why I run” so I can eat as much as I want.  Dad always use to say “I run so I can eat”.  He does love his sweets J
 Another thing I’m excited about is this picture I was finally able to find to surprise dad with for Christmas.  Don’t worry…he won’t see this blog unless someone shows him and mom and them know they aren’t allowed so I’m sure we are safe to share J  I want dad to see just where our journey took us this year and how involved we got to be with such an influential person in the Parkinson’s Community, so he can see this picture and be reminded we all continue to battle this together.  Michael J. Fox is beyond a positive person, he’s a symbol of hope to so many who didn’t have a thought of hope at this disease.  They have literally moved mountains in the world of research in their quest to find a cure and continue to progress further every day.  I just wanted to hug Michael J. Fox and fight back tears at just how much it has meant to us to get here.  Our family isn’t much of a crying and sympathetic of moments as we’ve all been raised to be “pretty tough”…..so it goes unspoken with some of our struggles we face seeing our dad battle this….and I hope this picture keeps dad smiling on his bad days so we can continue to hope that “tomorrows” will be better.

 
I hope you all have a WONDERFUL Christmas……and thank you so much for everything this past year…..and I mean it J   

No comments:

Post a Comment